Friday, October 11, 2013

Spicy Chocolate Pops

Crunchy sweetness on a stick...with a little something to spice up your day.



If some of my recipes are pure improvisation, this one is from the out of space of the back of my brain. 

It's a bit unusual in the sense that it is really hard and crunchy (I like), but if you are not a fan of exercising your beautiful teeth, you can always add the usual bit of flower, milk, butter, and egg mixture. Also, though I like it sweet, I think I'm sweet enough myself so I don't over do it with the sugar. Expect the richness of dark chocolate with only a touch of sugar. Suite yourself to add more if you wish.



Ingredients

3 oz unsweetened baker's dark chocolate (3 cubes)
2 tbs raw brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
4 tbs raw organic granola (I bought it at WholeFoods)

Tools

Popsicle form and sticks (or you can just form balls and cool them like artesanal truffles)

Preparation

Put all the ingredients in a little sauce pan and heat gently till the chocolate melts and you get a liquid mixture.

Fill the popsicle form and put in the sticks. Place in the refrigerator till they get hard.

Tip

These are hard and crunchy but you can add a bit of flower, milk, butter, and egg mixture to make them softer like cakes.

No comments: