Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tori-Tori Lounge

Wow...Condesa is really reviving these days. It seems like new restaurants are popping up from nowhere each week. Some better than others but still it can only be a positive sign for my beloved neighborhood. Last week I finally got a chance to visit the new Tori-Tori Lounge. Tori-Tori Lounge in Condesa is the posh sister of the much more casual yet equally yummy Tori-Tori restaurant in Polanco.

I have to say that the location plus design combination are a very good addition to this side of Amsterdam, proudly following the opening of Merotoro and ladies and gentlemen....a job well done. An elegant entrance with smiley and kind hostesses is an appropriate introduction to the rest of your sushi experience. Also the walls have warm and inviting photo backgrounds with classy Japanese theme. The restrooms are an interesting set, with this modern design I bet it will take you a few minutes to figure out which is water, where the hell is the soap, and how do I dry my hands here??

I was glad to see that the food quality from the older and wiser Polanco establishment managed to be maintained, a detail that often fails when a well-off restaurant decides to become a chain. We ordered the spinach salad, an assortment of nigiri, sashimi, and of course sushi rolls with spicy tuna and eel leading the way. Delicious. All this was appropriately combined with the house sake. Now here I have a piece of advice for you my friends. The house sake is actually very good so no need to spend your extra buck on the high-end selection and make sure to order it cold...makes me thirsty already. Just to let you know we fooled ourselves with the first two tiny bottles to share and finally went for the large carafe as we should have done from the very beginning.

Location:  Amsterdam 219, Col. Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico
Phone: (55) 52-643-466
Mon - Sun: 1:00 pm - 2:30 am

No comments: