Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The "Good-Bye" Chicken


I have been very absent lately. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. That is for various reasons that do not  necessarily belong to this blog; however, I have moved. I left my dear Mexico to experience "the end of the  World" or at least that's how I call Argentina as it is literary the furthest point from my World.

I can certainly assure you that one does appreciate the things one takes for granted after either loosing them or simply being far far away from them for a longer period of time other than just a business trip or a vacation. Well....just as I have already admitted that I am addicted, now I really appreciate the value of good chile selection. For me they are just priceless. 

I have been lucky enough to host a visit from Mexico and get a lovely little bag of chile pasilla and chile de arbol. Although in my future adventures I will explore the splendid flavors of Buenos Aires, I have to tell you, black pepper is as adventurous as it gets here in terms of spices so far. I hope this is just my beginner ignorance talking. 

Long story short, with my head full of confusion, my heart full of emotions, and my pallet screaming for its drug, I would like post the "Good-Bye" Chicken, which I just made from the tiny bag of the Mexican treasure.

The Good-Bye Chicken:
2 farm chicken tights
1 little bag of Chile Pasillo seco (from a place you really miss)
4 chiles de arbol secos
1lt home made bullion
1 garlic clove
2 tbl spoons of cilantro
salt & pepper for flavor

Preparation:
1. Burn the chiles on fire till black
2. Boil the chiles in home made bullion for about 20-30 minutes till soft
3. Peal off the skin from the chiles and mix with garlic, cilantro, salt&pepper till you get a smooth sauce
4. Fry chicken till it's crispy and add the sauce
5. Cook for about 5-10 minutes to miss all flavors

Seasoning:
Lot's of love, one tear, and a magic hand to mix it all

BTW....the restaurant action is quite impressive here so I will redo this little blog of mine to create a more international travel and culinary experience ;)

Recommended reading for this session is:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are u up to in Argentina? Are you continuing this blog?